How to do a Review Lesson
So, Teachers, it’s the week before a break or the week after a break or you’ve run out of lesson material!! Oh no!
Here’s some suggestions on how to build your review lesson. Choose 3 themes to review and the children’s favorite Flashcard games (or your favorite ;-) )
The key is to help them out, give them all the tools they need and then play. Keep it light, keep it fun, keep it moving!! Remember, it’s not a test. It’s a pleasurable reinforcement lesson. Think stickers! Competition! Movement! “Well done”s!
1. Hello / Starting Ritual as usual
2. Spend a couple minutes showing them FCs from one theme. You could lay them out on the table as you repeat each one as a group. Then ask individuals to point to the words you say.
4. Now spend 3 - 5 minutes in speaking practice based on the cards. Focus on the target language from that lesson.
5. Sing a favorite song from the previous lessons.
6. ...and repeat! (Steps 2 - 5 until class is almost over using a different game each time)
7. Ending Ritual, Thank you and Goodbye